- Telephone:+31 20 59 86145
- Room nr:10a-64
- Unit:faculteit der economische wetenschappen en bedrijfskunde ( economics )
- Position:PhD candidate
Zlata Tanović is a PODER fellow at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, a fellow at the Amsterdam Institute for International Development, and a PhD candidate in Development Economics at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Originally from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, she has lived in the Netherlands for most of her life. She received her undergraduate degrees in mathematics and physics from Leiden University, and her master's degree in econometrics from the University of Amsterdam. Her research currently focuses on empirical evaluation of health care interventions in Africa.
Link to personal webpagesites.google.com/site/zlatatanovic/
Human development, health economics, applied microeconometrics, survey methods, mobile money.
- “Impact evaluation of a community-based intervention for prevention of cardiovascular diseases in the slums of Nairobi: the SCALE-UP study” with Steven van de Vijver, Samuel Oti, Gabriela Gomez, Karien Stronks, and others. Global Health Action, 9:30922, 2016.
- “Refusal bias in the estimation of HIV prevalence” with Wendy Janssens, Jacques van der Gaag, and Tobias Rinke de Wit. Demography, 51(3):1131-1157, 2014.
- “Effect of health insurance and facility quality improvement on blood pressure in adults with hypertension in Nigeria: A population-based study” with Marleen Hendriks, Ferdinand Wit, Tanimola Akande, Constance Schultsz, and others. JAMA Internal Medicine, 174(4):555-563, 2014.
- Economic Challenges,
- Workshop Introduction to STATA,
- Thesis supervision.