The mission of FEWEB Innovation Center is to stimulate and facilitate teaching innovation of an international top standard. The Center offers comprehensive services in information and ICT support for the VU teaching staff. Another role of the Center is to promote national and international cooperation between faculties and universities.
The research programmes of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration are of outstanding international quality. This quality can be seen in the large number of publications produced within the faculty, and its high citation rate. Researchers from the faculty regularly receive scientific awards.
Tinbergen Institute (TI) is one of Europe's top graduate schools and research institutes in economics and finance. The institute uniquely combines the best of three leading Dutch universities, Erasmus University Rotterdam, University of Amsterdam and VU University Amsterdam.
Since its foundation in 2009, the Amsterdam Business Research Institute (ABRI) has provided a link between academic research and the business world. ABRI provides an academic shelter for its research fellows. The institute promotes national and international cooperation, organizes scientific events and offers a PhD programme.
- Centre for World Food Studies embedded in two faculties at VU Amsterdam
- Cooperation FEWEB and VBA further strengthened
- Winners Educational Awards 2015-2016
- Cees Withagen gives valedictory lecture and concludes ERC Advanced Grant "Combating Climate Change"
- FEWEB students in National University Quiz team
- Best Student Paper Award for Joost Berkhouts’ research on Google PageRank
- Positive results in the National Student Survey
- Emeritus Professor Jan Willem Gunning appointed Officer in the Order of Orange-Nassau
- Martijn van den Assem receives Vidi grant for study on economic behaviour on TV